I recently presented a ~45min session at the Enterprise DNA Analytics Summit on the topic of automating & augmenting Excel with Python. This is an in-demand topic and there’s likely to be an official Python <> Excel integration in the future.
Until then, there are lots of great opportunities to using the two in tandem already. In this presentation I cover
- Popular packages for working with Excel in Python
- What the mighty
pandaspackage for data analysis can and can’t do with Excel
- Identify resources for future learning
Have a look and please give a like if you could:
If you would like to learn more about these topics, make sure to check out the following:
- Python for Excel by Felix Zumstein. The bible for this topic; I couldn’t think of a more fitting name for my own presentation . Goes into great depth of how to build full-on engineered solutions for Excel using Python.
- Advancing into Analytics by George Mount. This one is more about basic principles of statistics for analytics, such as how linear regression works. You’ll also pick up a bit of R.
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python by Al Sweigart. You will learn how to automate tasks in everything from Google Sheets to Word here. A great introduction to Python programming is also available.
Thanks for tuning in and be sure to subscribe to be notified of upcoming speaking events and more. You can also drop me a line if your Excel-heavy team is looking for help to get up and running with Python.