1 hour to Power Query in Excel (PDQ = Pretty Darn Quick!)
It’s the most exciting Excel development in a generation… but you’d be forgiven for not knowing about it!
This free one-hour workshop will serve as an introduction to Power Query in Excel:
- How tables serve as the “missing link” between Excel and Power Query
- How Power Query serves as an “extract, transform, load” tool
- How to load your first data sources into Power Query… including how to find the menu for this (not so easy!)
- How to explore and profile your data right from Power Query
- How to perform repeatable data cleaning operations… no code or formulas required.
Who this is for
Anyone who wants to end poorly-designed Excel workbooks once and for all and make the most of their data! Typical job titles might include:
- Data analysts
- Financial analysts
- Marketing coordinators
- Operations analysts
To make this workshop extra practical, we will be using real world business data throughout.
- Please have Excel 2016 or greater or an up-to-date version of 365 for desktop installed prior to the workshop.
- To make the most of the workshop, you will have some experience in topics such as taking sums and counts, creating calculated columns, and using relative and absolute references in Excel.
- It is recommended to attend this workshop on a Windows machine.
- No other preparation is needed. The workshop materials will be shared with you at the time of the event.
- A recording will be made available after the event. I’ll keep it up for one week.
I look forward to seeing you at the event!
If your team is looking for a one-day overview of Power Query in Excel, please get in touch for corporate training.